PDF (Portable Document Format) is everywhere but the person who invented it is nowhere. The death of the PDF inventor, Charles Geschke, has shocked everyone. This is a huge loss to the whole technology industry.
Today we will discuss how to work with pdf with maximum productivity and how he has helped billions of people by inventing this wonderful tool including the discussion on how to compress pdf.
By the way, have you ever thought about why you need to compress the files and documents?
Here are the three major reasons:
- While sending the email, you face various sending limits for the particular file size. Compressing files larger than 10 MB is necessary for smooth emails.
- Various websites and their administrators have file size limits and ask for limited file sizes.
- You may not have much storage space on your computer. It would therefore make sense to compress your PDF and other files to free up some disk space.
Have you ever saved a file in the format of a PDF and shared it? How large is a PDF file? 10 MB at most. So, do you want to know how to compress a PDF to make it smaller in size for easy storage and editing? Let’s see the best answer below.
How To Compress A PDF?
The first step to compress PDF free and compress PDF files including the process in which you can compress PDF size,
If you want to know how to compress a PDF for email and how can I compress my PDF?
Use Adobe Acrobat where you can easily compress pdf by accessing the compress pdf feature.
To compress pdf using adobe acrobat,
- Go to the Adobe Acrobat official site.
- Look for the “Compress pdf option. Click on it.
- Upload the file that you want to compress.
- Get the compressed file in no time.
The best part?
Adobe Acrobat online services also allow you to compress PDF files right from your browser. Use an online PDF compression tool to make your large PDFs smaller so they’re easier to share.
- Fast and instant.
- Easy interface.
- Supports various video formats.
- Easily accessible.
- Highly advanced.
By the way, how do you compress a PDF file? And what is your strategy to compress PDF adobe?
How To Compress PDF File Mac
Learning how to compress a PDF file on a Mac is possible when you have knowledge about the basic functionalities of the Mac. For this purpose, you do not need to install any compressed PDF software. Just go to the File menu and click on the save as option, the saved file will save in the compressed form.
You can use software like PDF Expert compress PDF file mac.
- Download it for free from the official website by clicking on the FREE DOWNLOAD option.
- Install it in your MAC.
- Open the app and add the files for compression.
- Generate and download the compressed files in the desired folder.
- Allows you to compress the files without losing quality.
- Safe and secure.
- You have full control over how much the file is compressed.
- How To Compress disk
If you want to compress a disk, you should opt for software like DVDFab DVD Ripper where you can get the compressed file in the shortest video format and This tool helps you convert DVDs to digital like MP4, MKV, AVI, MPEG, etc.
The best part about this tool is that it allows you to compress the video file in the smallest high-quality video format mp4. If you want to know about the practical steps on how to rip a DVD with DVDFab DVD Ripper, it is better to read our guide on how to rip a DVD.
Now let’s study how you can do ripping using this tool.
For the free version, you will click on the FREE download option.
After clicking on the download link, you will get the .exe file. Now click on the .exe file to start the installation process or it will start automatically after a few seconds.
After successful installation of the software, open the downloaded software.
Choose the “Compression” Module and load your DVD.
Choose the file that you want to compress and set the output destination, e.g, computer, DVD-r, youtube, or any other folder.
Check the DVD protection in your DVD, and choose part titles to convert.
Here you can proceed with the additional settings and customizable options.
Adjust different parameters and click on the “Save” Option to get the saved files in your desired output format and folder.
Benefits of disc compression
- Free up disk space;
- Improve transmission speed;
- Optimize backup storage;
- Improve file integrity;
- Send files via email more easily;
- Secure files;
- Save money.
So DVDFab DVD Ripper is the must-have tool that you should consider for fast disc compression.
It would be right to say that it is the Number # 01 tool when it comes to disc compression.
Here are some notable features of DVDFab DVD Ripper.
- 100% safe and clean.
- Has gained a lot of appreciation and recognition from the users. Currently, they have 245 five-star reviews.
- Fast and instant.
- Supports almost all the video formats (500+) for compression.
Best of all?
- It is FREE to compress the disk using the DVDFab DVD Ripper.
And much more.
- How To Compress Tape?
ZIP archives help you compress and combine your files. You can create a file archive (such as a ZIP or 7Zip archive) for your video, which in turn can compress tape.
Free Convert is the software that can help you in compressing the tape you need.
- Go to their official site, you will see the “Choose File” Option.
- Add the tape that you want to compress.
- Get the compressed tape without hurting the quality.
- How to compress a video
Do you want to compress a video file or compress a video?
Go for VLC Video Compressor.
- Simply go to the VLC media player and click the Media menu at the top.
- Click on the Add option. Select and browse the video file that you want to compress.
- Click on the Convert/save.
- You can also choose the custom compression option and reduce the size further by changing the video parameters.
- Click “Save” to save the settings.
- Choose the output path and get the compressed file.
This is more simple than you think about how to compress video files. The process remains the same even if you further want to know how to compress mp4 video. VLC is the ultimate video compress source.
To proceed with how to compress videos and continue with the video file compress process, make sure to add the video file before you hit save at the bottom.
Features of VLC Video Compressor
- Allows converting videos to 150+ digital formats.
- You can edit the compressed videos and change video resolution, frame rate and ratio rate.
Using this technique, you can compress video for email free and can also compress video files for email.
- How To Compress Video Online
VLC is an offline option and you should also know what is the right way or tool to compress mp4 video to smaller size online free.
Now you can compress video size online for free. Moreover, you can also compress mp4 videos to smaller sizes online.
For this purpose, various online tools like PDF2everything and other online video compressors are available that not only allow you to compress mp4 video online but any format of videos.
PDF2Everything is an online tool that allows you to compress videos online very quickly.
- Go to PDF2everything.com and click on the Online video compress.
- Click to add the selected file and select the relevant options.
- Wait for the compression.
- Download the compressed file in MP4 or AVI format or can also keep the original format.
The best parts about this online video compressor are:
- You can upload the files within 100M,
- It supports MP4,MKV,MOV,AVI,WMV,M4V,MPEG,VOB,WEBM,OGV,3GP,FLV,F4V,SWF format
- How to compress a video on a mac
Learning how to compress videos on mac is easy with software like Handbrake. It allows you to compress video files on Mac and windows.
- Go to the Handbrake website.
- Click on the Download Option on the Homepage. Download the setup and install the software on Mac.
- Add the video files for indentation. Click on the Convert option.
- Save the desired file on the PC.
Here are some notable features of Handbrake.
- Title/chapter and range selection
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Static and Video Preview
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
You can download any relevant software for this purpose and can also search on the internet for various software that is available online. They will teach you how to compress a video on a mac and how to compress video files on Mac.
- How To Compress A Video File On Windows
Whether you want to compress a video file on windows or want to compress the file on windows, there are various options for you.
We are going to discuss two software systems that will help you to compress video files on windows.
- QuickTime Player is a media player app but you can use it to save your videos in a lower resolution. This allows you to create a copy of your video that’s much smaller than the original video file. As with other forms of compression, if you want to compress QuickTime video, remember that Currently, QuickTime is available for use on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Steps to use QuickTime Video Player
- Open QuickTime Player of QuickTime Pro app. If it is already not present, simply download and install it on your windows.
- Add the video that you want to compress.
- Click the File Menu from the top bar and select the Share option.
- A new dialogue box will open. Find and select the Email tab.
- At the Name option, select the desired name of the output file. Under the size: tab, select the desired size and other customizable options from the given options.
- The estimated post-conversion size of the video will appear.
- Simple, clean and interactive interface.
- The tool has basic video editing features.
- Videos downloaded with Quicktime video player can be instantly uploaded to social media sites and youtube.
You may experience some quality loss in the output video file.
- iMovie is a video compressor tool that can compress videos without losing quality. For this purpose, open up the iMovie in the browser. Find the project and add the video that you want to compress. Now click on the “compress: option and wait until your file will be compressed.
Steps to compress videos on Windows using iMovie
- Download and install the iMovie app on your computer.
- Open the app and go to the library menu and click on the Movie option and add the name of the folder.
- To add the video that you want to compress, click the downward-facing arrow on the upper left-hand corner. Another alternative option is to click on the Import Media option and add the files.
- Now select the settings for the video to shrink the file size, lower the quality and the resolution.
- Perfectly compatible with windows, Mac and iOS devices.
- 100% free compression tool.
- How to compress a video on android
This is super easy to know about the android compress video options. If you want to know how to compress video on android and compress video on iPhone, all you need to do is to
download any video editing application, upload your video and then download again. This is the simplest technique to compress an iPhone video and also works for android.
Video Compressor By Sunshine
- Go to the Play Store or App Store.
- Type “Video Compressor By Sunshine”, install it on your phone.
- Open the app and add the video file that you want to progress.
- You can also add the multiple files at the same time for compression to save the space on your phone.
- Wait for the compression to process. It is the perfect tool to compress an iPhone video.
- Transfer your compressed videos instantly.
- Can compress the videos very efficiently and free up almost 90% space on your phone.
Drawback: Cannot compress the files that you download from online sources.
(5) How To Compress Video For Instagram/ YouTube, Facebook
Do you want to compress video for Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms? Then you will also need some software to compress videos for YouTube.
What about the software that can compress videos for Facebook, YouTube and Instagram?
Although there are many software systems and apps available for this purpose, the problem is how to compress a video without losing quality.
Here is the solution.
Videosmaller is an all-in-one tool that you can use to compress videos for Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
Here are the steps.
- To the main page of the Video Smaller website.
- You will see various options in the menu including the removal of audio from the video, very small compression of the file, etc.
- Select the “File Width” To resize it.
- Click on the “Upload Video” option. The video will start compressing as soon as you will download it.
- After the compression, download the selected files from the interface.
- Supports multiple file formats.
- You can upload video files of up to 500 MB.
- The downloaded video can be shared to all the social media platforms as well as youtube.
6. How to compress MP3
Do you want to compress an MP3 file? Well, we will guide you on how to compress MP3 file
Audio, and how to compress audio in audacity.
For this purpose, go to the Free MP3 compressor that will help you to compress audio files online. For example, MP3Smaller is the software that allows you to compress MP3 files without losing quality.
Steps To Use MP3 Compressor
- Download and install MP3 Converter on your device.
- Click on the “Add File” button to load the files.
- Now choose the MP3 file as the output format.
- Reduce the parameters in lower level from the settings, so that you will get the compressed MP3 files without losing quality.
- Allows you to compress video files to original quality.
- Instantly reduce the size of the MP3 file with ease.
7. How to compress an image/Photo (jpeg, jpg and png)
Today we will guide you about the super simple process of how to compress images including the knowledge on how to compress images for the web and compress png images.
Canva is a tool that is easier for beginners and contains templates that make it easy for you to learn how to compress image size.
how to compress a photo on mac, the desktop version of Canva is the best option.
Steps to use Canva for photo and image compression.
- Go to canva.com and log in. Keep in mind that photo compression in canva is available only for the premium users.
- Open the pro canva account and click on the “All you design” option on the Home page.
- Open the desired image that you want to download by choosing from the “All your designs” option.
- On the top right corner, the “Download option” is present. Click and choose “Compress File (lower quality)” option.
- The compressed file will be instantly downloaded to your computer.
Canva can read various source formats such as png, jpg, jpeg, png standard, SVG, etc. So you can confidently proceed with it.
- Canva is an all-in-one tool for the compression of all kinds of photos and images including the png, jpg, jpeg image formats.
- You can compress the file in just one click.
- It is a super easy tool with a simple interface.
8. How to compress a zip file
Microsoft has provided you with the solution to compress zip files and has the in-build functionality for this purpose.
To compress a zip file:
- Open the File Explorer, and open the zip file that you want to compress.
- Open the zip folder and choose the file or files that you want to convert into smaller files.
- Right-click on the mouse and the “send to” option will appear. Using this option, you can send the files to the “compressed zip file folder”.
- No need to install any external software.
9. How to compress word documents
Want to know how to compress the word documents? Large word files take a lot of time to load and cannot be easily sent in the emails.
Here is how you can compress word documents.
DocuCompress is the software that allows you to compress word documents up to 50MB.
Practical steps to compress word docs using DocuCompress
- Go to https://www.docucompress.com/word/
- Select the files to compress.
- Wait for the compression process to complete.
- Download the compressed file. Simple as that.
- You can get unlimited compressions for FREE. No daily limits.
- It is cloud-based, so no need to install any software.
- Good quality maintenance.
- 100% free
- No watermark.
Some pro tips to manually reduce the size of the word doc.
- Compress the images in the word doc.
- Delete any auto-recovery versions.
- Turn off thumbnails
- Turn off embedded fonts, etc.
10. How to compress ppt files
If you are having trouble sharing your presentation, then you should go and compress the ppt file. To do this, you must know how to compress a ppt file.
The simple and easy tool that you can use in this regard is Zamzar free online compression tool.
Here are the steps:
- Go to zamzar.com access the zamzar online file compression tool.
- Upon entering the website, you will see the “Add Files” option
- Click on the select file option or simply drag the ppt file. After the uploading of the file, a start button will show up.
- Choose the desired format in which you want to compress the file.
- By clicking the start button you will initiate the process. After a successful ending, you can download the ppt file in ready condition within a few seconds.
Thus, you can see that Zamzar is an online tool for the ppt file compression.
- It is an instant and free online ppt file compression tool.
- It is a reliable tool that has compressed and converted more than 510 million files since 2006.
Now you have learned about how to compress the documents, keep in mind that DVDFab DVD Ripper is an amazing tool that is highly recommended and deserves to be on the top of the list when it comes to compression of the DVD files.
You can also see how you can compress all other kinds of documents.
This article will solve all of your compression needs in a simple way.